Eek! Spiders! Some may get the heeby-jeebies when they see a spider, but most arachnids are beneficial to humans. Teach kids to appreciate these misunderstood creatures. Halloween is a great time for spider crafts, but they are also excellent for for other times of year as well. We’ve collected dozens of spider crafts and recipes. Below are ten of our favorites.
Spider Crafts and Recipes
1. Oreo Spider Bites – These tasty spiders are actually delicious Oreo truffles, with chocolate legs and candy eyes. Yum!
2. Beaded Spider Earrings – Beaded spider earrings are great fun for Halloween. They’re easy enough for jewelry-making beginners to try!
5. Lightbulb Spiders – It turns out that lightbulbs make the best spiders! Try this fun recycling project.
6. Spooky Spider Handprint Art – Turn a child’s handprints into a fun spider decoration that you’ll love displaying each Halloween.
7. Glitter Spiderweb and Pom Pom Spider – This clever craft takes some drying time, but it’s worth the wait! It looks great hanging in a window or on the wall.
8. Spider-Infested Chocolate Chip Cookies – They may taste delicious, but spiders in the chocolate chip cookies sure look creepy. In other words, perfect for Halloween!
9. Pipe Cleaner Spiders – These simple spiders have so much personality! They look great hanging from window sills, picture frames, or anywhere else you can imagine.
10. Black Widow Spider Cookies – Serve these, and your guests will be torn between eating delicious cookies and avoiding the creepy black widows!
There are way more spider crafts and recipes for you to see. And while you’re there, check out the rest of the Halloween crafts, recipes, printables and costumes (over 1000 of them!) that are waiting for you too!