Did you know that September 15 is Make a Hat Day? We’ve assembled over 100 hat crafts, from the wearable to the edible! We have hat crafts for boys and girls of all ages and skill levels. Crowns, visors, toques, caps and more- we’ve got them all. You’re sure to find something perfect to make, no matter what the occasion.
Hat Crafts for Kids
Below are 10 of our favorite hat crafts, but you can browse all 100+ hat crafts here.
1. Ladybug Baseball Hat – Use paint to transform a plain red baseball cap into an adorable ladybug. It’s so easy to do and couldn’t be cuter!
2. Cowboy Cupcakes – These cowboy hat cupcakes are perfect for a rodeo- or western-themed party or celebration. They also make a fun after-school snack.
3. Pig Party Hat – This pig party hat is so much fun! Make it for a farm-themed party or for everyday dress-up play.
4. Princess of Hearts Crown – Every princess needs a special crown in her favorite colors. This simple project starts with a paper plate.
5. Party Hat – Make a festive party hat from a sheet of patterned paper. There are endless possibilities to fit any theme or color scheme.
6. Baseball Cap Pinata Cookies – These adorable baseball cap cookies are cute on their own, but they’re hiding a candy surprise inside. What a fun treat after nine innings!
7. Mario and Luigi Posterboard Visors – Turn red and green posterboard into awesome visors that any Mario Bros. fan would love to wear. This is a quick, inexpensive craft to do at a themed birthday party.
8. Newspaper Party Hats – Don’t recycle those newspapers yet! Turn them into beautiful hats for a playdate, tea party or everyday dress-up.
9. Clown Hat – Create a cone-shaped clown hat with its own a mop of colorful curly hair. This fun craft is great for a birthday party or imaginative play.
10. Tiny Hats Hair Accessories – These adorable little hair accessories start with two recycled items. Can you guess what they are?
See all our hat crafts here!