You’re Worth Every Penny Card
This fun-ancial card is great for any dad, but it’s especially appropriate for bankers, stockbrokers, or accountants!
What You Need:
- 8” x 10” piece of light cardboard (cereal box, etc)
- 1 sheet green construction paper
- 9 shiny pennies
- green fine point marker
- pencil with eraser
- blue fine tip marker
- white craft glue
- glue stick
How To Make It
- Use glue stick to attach construction paper to the cardboard. Trim off excess if needed.
- Fold in half like a greeting card so that construction paper is on the outside.
- Use pencil to lightly write “DAD” across the front of the card, leaving about 1.5” space underneath.
- Use green fine point marker to draw dollar signs on the letters. Erase any pencil marks that might show through.
- Use white craft glue to attach a penny to each corner of the D’s, where the curve meets straight lines, and at the center of the curve. Glue a penny to the top of the letter A, and two at the bottom.
- Write “You’re worth every penny!” underneath “DAD” with blue fine point marker.
- The pennies add quite a bit of weight to this card, so even cardstock or poster board is not sturdy enough. Be sure to use the cardboard or your card will not stand freely.
- For even more financial fun, glue a dollar bill to the inside of the card and glue your picture in place of George Washington’s!
- For a lightweight card, make photocopies of the pennies and cut them out and glue them on, instead of the real thing.
This project was created by Amanda Formaro, originally for Kaboose/Spoonful.