Homemade costumes are the best! No matter what your crafting ability level, you’ll find a costume idea here at Fun Family Crafts that is perfect for you. We have tons of ideas for boys and girls of all ages.
Creative Halloween Costumes for Kids
Here are 10 of our favorite unique ideas. Be sure to check out all of the kids’ Halloween costume ideas here!
1. Monster Costume – This easy costume works for boys and girls of any age. Your version can be any color, cute or scary, detailed or simple!
2. Paintbrush Costume – Artistic kids (and aren’t they all?!) will love dressing up as a paintbrush! This one-of-a-kind costume is surprisingly easy to make.
3. General Cornwallis Costume – Take a cue from history this Halloween! Costumes inspired by the American Revolution, including this version of General Cornwallis, are great fun to wear.
4. Gumball Machine Costume – This adorable costume is easy to make and very comfortable to wear. Just be prepared for everyone to ask you for a gumball!
5. Flower Fairy Costume – This pretty costume is a favorite among young girls who want to stand out in a crowd of princesses. It’s wonderful for pretend play after Halloween is over, too!
6. Toga Costume – It doesn’t get any easier than this! If you need a costume NOW, you can pull this together in under five minutes.
7. Cardboard Dinosaur Costume – Turn empty cardboard boxes into a dinosaur that looks great! It’s easy and really inexpensive to do.
8. Scarecrow Costume – This versatile no-sew costume is great for boys or girls of all ages. Choose your favorite color of felt and go from there!
9. Balloon Thunderstorm Cloud Costume – This thunderstorm costume is so incredibly clever! Photos don’t do it justice, so click the link to see the video that shows off the special effects.
10. American Girl Box Costume – Girls will love becoming an American Girl doll! This costume has some clever features to make it comfortable to wear.
You can see all 150+ homemade costume ideas here!