There are so many reasons to love crafts that are made from recycled materials! They’re inexpensive, Earth-friendly, and the materials are often already on-hand. Here at Fun Family Crafts, we have over 1400 crafts using recycled materials and we add more every day. It is REALLY difficult to showcase just 10 favorites here because there are literally hundreds of fabulous crafts made from recycled materials that you will just love!
Recycled Crafts for Kids
1. Recycled Rhino – This adorable rhinoceros starts with an empty peanut butter jar. Other empty jars would work well, too.
2. Bottlecap Flower – Make a beautiful flower using bottlecaps that would ordinarily be thrown away. Save your own, or collect them from parks, beaches or campgrounds, leaving them cleaner than you found them.
3. Plastic Tub Blue Crab – Turn an empty plastic tub into the cutest crab! This simple craft uses small fabric scraps, making it a doubly awesome recycling craft.
4. Egg Carton Train – Wow! This spectacular train is made entirely from recycled materials, including an egg carton, a cardboard tube, and a bottle cap.
5. Lightbulb Hot Air Balloons – Don’t throw out those burned-out lightbulbs! Use paint to turn them into beautiful sun catchers.
6. Pirate Treasure Chest – This fabulous pirate chest starts out with a plastic container that holds fruit like strawberries or grapes. It’s great fun for pirate-themed parties or for everyday pretend play.
7. Airplane Movie Snack Tray – Kids love having their own snack tray while watching movies. This one, shaped like an airplane, starts with an empty cereal box.
8. Apple-Shaped Boxes – Do you recognize the recycled item used to make these cute apple-shaped boxes? If you said they’re made with 2-liter bottles, you’re right!
9. Gumball Magazine Mosaic – Before recycling magazines, use them to make a beautiful mosaic. This project is wonderfully calming.
10. Computer Diskette Pencil Cup – Kids today may not know what they are, but computer diskettes make awesome pencil cups. They look great on a desk.
Be sure to check out the other 1400+ recycled crafts we’ve gathered. There’s so much inspiration all in one spot!