Salt Dough Canoe
Use this canoe as a paperweight or make it into a magnet or a pin. It also makes a great addition to a wooden picture frame–just glue it in place!
WHAT YOU NEED:
- Salt dough (flour, salt, water)
- Acrylic paint
- Letter beads
- Craft glue
HOW TO MAKE IT:
- Make salt dough using 2 parts flour, 1 part salt and 1 part water.
- Take a small amount of salt dough and form in into the blade of the paddle. Trim the ends off a toothpick to make the handle and insert it into the blade.
- Shape the rest of the salt dough into a canoe (it looks like a banana!). Bake the salt dough 250°F for 3 hours or until completely dry. The paddle will take much less time than the canoe.
- Paint the canoe light brown and the paddle a darker brown.
- Glue the paddle and the letter beads onto the canoe.
This project was created by Amanda Formaro, originally for Kaboose/Spoonful.