Pop-Out Christmas Tree
This cute Christmas craft idea is suitable for young holiday enthusiasts and is great for developing scissor skills. It’s simple to make with materials you most likely have on hand.
What You Need:
- construction paper
How to Make It:
- Use scratch paper to make a Christmas tree template. When you are happy with the size and shape, trace the template onto a piece of green construction paper. Put a second piece of green construction paper behind the first and use paperclips or a binder clip to hold them together.
- Cut around the traced line. You will now have two identical tree shapes.
- Cut a slit straight down from the top of one tree to the middle of that tree. Cut a slit in the other tree straight up from the bottom of the tree to the middle of that tree.
- Glue sequins randomly to the two trees. Cover both sides of both trees.
- Slide the tree with the slit at the bottom over the tree with the slit at the top. The tree should now stand up.
- Add a construction paper star to the top of the tree.
This project was created by Amanda Formaro, originally for Kaboose/Spoonful.