Paper Plate Sun
Sunshine just screams summer! Kids can bring some sunny rays into the house, day or night, by making this easy craft.
What you’ll need
- Paper plate
- Yellow, orange and pink craft paint
- 1 sheet yellow construction paper
- 1 sheet orange construction paper
- Glue stick
- 2 large googly eyes
- Black marker
- 1 small round sponge applicator
- 1 large round sponge applicator
- White craft glue
How to make it
- Paint the paper plate yellow and let dry.
- Cut seven large triangles from the yellow paper.
- Cut seven skinnier triangles from the orange paper.
- Use glue stick to add the triangles to the back of the painted paper plate. Keep the ends of the triangles about ½” from the rimmed line of the plate.
- Turn the plate over and glue on the googly eyes. Draw on a mouth and eyebrows. Dip the small round applicator into orange paint and dot on a nose. Use the large round applicator dipped in pink paint for the cheeks.
This project was created by Amanda Formaro, originally for Kaboose/Spoonful.