Fruit and Veggie Stamp Friends
Make fun paint stamps out of fall harvest vegetables and fruits! Use carrots, squash, apples, and anything else that strikes your fancy.
What You’ll Need
- Carrots, apples, and yellow squash
- Paint: red, yellow, orange, light blue, green and white
- Black marker
- Art paper
How To Make It
- Have an adult slice the vegetables and fruits in half lengthwise. Dry off the cut sides by blotting them with a paper towel.
- Paint each cut side with a generous amount of paint. Press painted side on to paper and remove. Do this for as many veggie and fruit stamps you want.
- When the paint is dry, draw eyes, mouths, arms and legs with black marker.
- Dip a dry paintbrush in green paint, dab off excess on paper towels. Paint grass on paper. Use same dry brush method when using the light blue paint for the sky.
- Dip a clean paint brush into white paint, but don’t dry off on paper towel. Lightly dab the paintbrush onto the paper to create clouds.
- Fall brings plenty of fun shaped squash and gourds. Try different types of gourds, miniature pumpkins, and squash with this project.
- Apples make great caterpillars! Stamp the vegetable onto the paper horizontally and add as many legs as you like.
- Alter this project for spring by using apples and carrots and bright colors such as pink, yellow, and bright orange.
This project was created by Amanda Formaro, originally for Kaboose/Spoonful.