Clothespin Farm Animal Magnets
These adorable little animals are so easy to make and they’ll love holding your artwork or notes for you!
What You Need
- Wooden clothespins
- Craft foam: yellow, white, black, orange, light pink and pink
- 6 small wiggle eyes
- small black pom pom (lamb tail)
- ½” piece of fuzzy orange chenille (duck hair)
- 3” piece of pink skinny chenille
- black pen
- white craft glue
How To Make It
1. Cut out pieces from craft foam using the pattern.
- Lamb: body (white), head and ears (black)
- Duck: body, wings, and head (yellow), beak (orange)
- Pig: body and head (light pink), ears and snout (pink)
2. Glue each of the body pieces to the clothespins. You want to have enough room at the top of the clothespin to be able to pinch it open using your fingers.
3. Glue the heads to the bottom of the bodies.
4. For the duck, glue the wings to the side of the body and the beak to the lower end of the head. Glue on wiggle eyes and orange chenille to forehead.
5. For the lamb, Glue on the ears and the pom-pom tail, then glue on the wiggle eyes.
6. For the pig, glue on the ears and the snout. Use a black pen or fine tip marker to add 2 dots on the snout for the nostrils. Glue on the wiggle eyes.
7. To make the pigs tail, wrap the pink skinny chenille around the toothpick. Slide it off the toothpick and stretch it out a bit. Trim of needed and tuck it in between the body and the clothespin and add a little glue.
8. Let everything dry before using.
- For fun, use a pink button for the pig’s nose instead!
- Instead of fuzzy chenille for the duck’s hair, you can use pieces of yarn or felt.
This project was created by Amanda Formaro, originally for Kaboose/Spoonful.