Salt Dough Conversation Hearts
Celebrate Valentine’s Day with these adorable conversation heart magnets made from salt dough. Make one for everyone in your class!
What You Need:
- salt dough (2 cups flour + 1 cup salt + 1 cup water)
- rolling pin
- heart shaped cookie cutter
- craft glue
How to Make It:
- Preheat the oven to 250°F.
- Roll out the salt dough on a silicone mat or other non-stick surface.
- Use the cookie cutter to create hearts. Transfer the hearts to a baking sheet and bake for approximately 2 hours.
- Use a spatula to flip each heart upside down and bake for another 20 minutes or until dry.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool completely. For best results, allow the hearts to cool and dry overnight, or for at least 4 hours.
- Paint a base coat onto each heart. When that is dry, add messages, polka dots, or any other design you’d like.
- When the paint is completely dry, glue magnets to the back of each heart.
This project was created by Amanda Formaro, originally for Kaboose/Spoonful.