Crossed Hockey Sticks
Show off your allegiance to your favorite hockey team with this cute set of crossed hockey sticks. Attach a magnet to the back and hang it on the fridge.
What You Need:
- Craft sticks (2)
- Wire cutters
- Hot glue
- White pipe cleaners (4)
- Blue pipe cleaner
- Red pipe cleaner
- Black pipe cleaner
How to Make It:
- Snip 1″ off the end of each craft stick using the wire cutters. For best results, pinch the wood to weaken the stick, then bend the cutters back and forth to snap the wood fibers.
- Glue the cut ends back onto their craft sticks at a 45° angle. You should now have two hockey sticks.
- Wrap each hockey stick tightly with white pipe cleaners. Trim off any excess. Glue in place, with the cut ends toward the back.
- Wrap the red pipe cleaner around each hockey stick once and snip any excess. Glue in place, with the cut ends toward the back.
- Wrap the blue pipe cleaner around the blade of each hockey stick and snip any excess. Glue in place, with the cut ends toward the back.
- Glue the two hockey sticks to each other so they cross in the middle.
- Coil a piece of black pipe cleaner to make a puck and glue it where the sticks cross.
- Glue a magnet to the back.
This project was created by Amanda Formaro, originally for Kaboose/Spoonful.