Punxsutawney Phil Portrait
Will Punxsutawney Phil see his shadow or not? Are we in for in for 6 more weeks of winter? We’ve crafted this cute portrait of Phil from felt to hang on the wall for Groundhog Day to celebrate this fun tradition.
What You Need:
- Felt – green, brown, white, black
- Green pipe cleaner
- Googly eye
- Hot glue or felt glue
How You Make It:
- Cut an oval from green felt, approximately 5″ across. Cut a piece of chipboard that is the same size and shape.
- Cut a smaller oval from black felt for to make the hole. Glue it toward the bottom of the green felt.
- Use the light brown felt to cut out Phil’s head and neck. The piece should be about the same shape as your thumb, but slightly larger. Add a small bump for Phil’s ear. Glue it in place.
- Cut two light brown circles for Phil’s paws. Glue them to the bottom edge of the hole.
- Use the scraps from the black felt to make an oval nose for Phil. Glue it and the googly eye to his face.
- Use the white felt to make a bow tie and two long teeth. Glue them in place.
- Bend the pipe cleaner to form a hanger. Use a strong glue to sandwich it between Phil’s portrait and the matching piece of chipboard.
This project was created by Amanda Formaro, originally for Kaboose/Spoonful.