Puffy Heart Valentine
Make this puffy heart by gluing tissue paper onto paper. It’s a fun valentine craft that can be easily adapted for different ages.
What you’ll need
- Pink and white tissue paper, cut into 1” squares
- White craft glue
- Piece of cardstock or construction paper
- Pencil with an eraser
How to make it
- Cut out a heart shape from the construction paper or cardstock.
- Put white craft glue into the center of the heart, shaped like a heart.
- Using the eraser end of a pencil, place the eraser into the center of a white tissue paper square. Twist the tissue paper square around the eraser and dot it onto the glue. Continue this process until entire middle of the heart is covered with white tissue paper.
- Repeat the process from step #3 with pink tissue paper for the border of the heart.
- Glue a hanger to the back if you like.
- For younger kids who have trouble working the pencil steps, allow them to wad up the tissue paper squares and press them directly onto the glue with their fingers.
- Always saved the tissue paper from birthday gifts for craft projects like these.
- Instead of a hanger, try gluing a magnet strip to the back and hang on your fridge!
This project was created by Amanda Formaro, originally for Kaboose/Spoonful.