October is National Popcorn Poppin’ Month and January 19th is Popcorn Day. Celebrate by popping some corn and using it to make one or more of these fun popcorn crafts! We have everything from adorable popcorn sheep to a rousing popcorn relay game to a cool popcorn costume.
Here are 10 of our favorite popcorn crafts. You can see all the popcorn crafts and activities for kids here.
1. Chocolate Popcorn Trees – It’s hard to believe, but these trees are as tasty as they are beautiful! It all starts with popcorn.
2. Box of Popcorn Costume – Here’s a homemade costume that everyone will love. It’s easy to make, very inexpensive, and you can enjoy some popcorn while you’re crafting!
3. Popcorn Cupcakes – This popcorn craft doesn’t actually contain any popcorn! Serve these delicious marshmallow-topped cupcakes for a family movie night, while watching an awards show, or during a circus-themed birthday party.
4. Lamb Popcorn Balls – Create darling lambs in a pasture from popcorn, candy and a few other tasty treats. Their expressions are so fun!
5. Popcorn Relay Game – Race to fill your team’s box with popcorn using easy-to-make popcorn shoe cups. This is a great activity for a party, family reunion or other group event.
6. Blossoming Popcorn Tree – Paint beautiful spring trees blossoming with flowers made of popcorn! This activity combines the color mixing skills, teaches a basic technique for drawing trees and gives the opportunity to talk about the concept of mixed media.
7 Colored Microwave Popcorn – Follow the directions to create tasty popcorn in the microwave that pops in your favorite color! Mix colors to create your school colors, a rainbow for St. Patrick’s Day, red white & blue for patriotic occasions, or anything else you can imagine!
8. Popcorn Sundae Cups – These delicious Popcorn Sundaes are made with marshmallows, popcorn, chocolate and a gumball cherry. Not only do they look adorable and taste fantastic, but they won’t melt the way ice cream sundaes do!
9. Popcorn Monsters – These cute monsters are easy to make and taste delicious! Use your creativity to add other facial features using candies, pretzels, or other foods.
10. Apple Popcorn Balls – These pretty apples are actually popcorn balls, wrapped with tissue paper. What a fun way to give an apple to a favorite teacher!
Be sure to check out all the popcorn crafts and activities!