These bright-eyed little bugs are an adorable way to mark veggies in the garden. This is a simple project that’s lots of fun for kids.
What You Need:
- plastic cap
- plastic folder
- thick needle or awl to make holes
- hot glue
- permanent marker
How to Make It:
- Cut a wide heart shape from the plastic folder to make the wings.
- Poke two holes in the plastic cap and two in the wings. (Tip: Heat the needle if you’re having trouble poking holes).
- Pass the wire up through the one hole of the cap and wings, then down through the other. Twist the ends.
- Cut 2 small circles out of plastic and draw pupils with a marker, then glue them in place.
- Cut a speech bubble from the folder and write the name of the crop on it. Glue it to the wire.
Originally posted online in FamilyFun Magazine which has since been closed.