The Kikombe Cha Umoja, or Unity Cup, is used on the sixth day of Kwanzaa to perform the libation ritual during the Karamu feast. Make your own decorative unity cup to celebrate this holiday.
What You Need:
- Foam cup
- Wooden dowel
- Wooden doll pin stand
- Craft glue
- Acrylic paint (black, red, green, yellow)
How to Make It:
- Glue the foam cup, dowel, and doll pin stand together to make the shape of the Unity Cup. Let it dry completely.
- Paint the entire Unity Cup with black acrylic paint. Let it dry.
- Use green and red paint to add the lines and shapes as seen in the photo. Let it dry.
- Use a Q-tip to add yellow dots around the rim of the cup. Then use the back of the paintbrush to add tiny little yellow dots around the base of the cup.
This project was created by Amanda Formaro, originally for Kaboose/Spoonful.