This Pringle can mummy is a fun recycled Halloween craft for younger children. Mummy crafts are very versatile because you can make a mummy out of almost anything – even stuff that would otherwise be trash!
Making a Pringle Can Mummy
If you’re a regular around here, you know that we love recycled crafts. This guy is no exception! The one you see here was made from a full-size Pringles can, but it would also be cute using the smaller, snack-sized cans.
We also have a ton of other Halloween crafts, so if you enjoy this post be sure to take a look around for more!
There are affiliate links in this post. That means if you buy something from that link, I will earn a small commission, but it won’t cost you anything additional.
Supplies Needed to Make a Pringle Can Mummy
- Empty Pringles can
- Construction paper: white, tan and black
- 2 googly eyes
- Glue stick
- White craft glue
Cut a rectangle from the black paper (approximately 2″ x 4″) and use glue stick to attach to the front of the Pringles can, toward the top. Use white craft glue to attach the eyes to the black rectangle.
Cover the remaining can and all but a small area of black that has the eyes on it, with tan construction paper using a glue stick.
Tear white paper into strips. Use a glue stick to attach the white strips around the can until all the tan paper is covered.
Note: The tan paper is used to hide the label of the Pringles can that would normally show through the white paper. This step is optional and purely for aesthetic purposes.
DOWNLOAD a printable version of this craft here
More Mummy Crafts
- For more recycled craft fun, make some cardboard tube mummies.
- Craft stick mummies and ninjas are great to use for puppet play!
- For even more imaginative fun, make a mummy action figure and have some adventures together!
- Need a snack? Make sore mummy Oreo pops for your family or as a delicious party treat.
- Add a spooky touch to your Halloween decor with some mummy luminaries.