Foam Apple Core Magnet
This fun magnet can hold pieces of special artwork, schedules, school projects or even the grocery list.
What you need:
- Red craft foam
- White craft foam
- Green craft foam
- Brown chenille stem
- Brown marker
- Round magnet
- Hot glue gun
How to Make It:
- Use scrap paper to make a pattern for the apple. You’ll need the upper and lower red parts, the core, and two leaves. Layer the pattern on top of the corresponding piece of foam, then cut the pieces out.
- Glue the red foam pieces to the white with the red on top.
- Attach the leaves to the top of the apple, behind the red foam.
- Cut a two inch piece of chenille stem and hot glue it to the back of the apple, leaving about one inch showing. Bend the stem slightly.
- Draw a few seeds with the brown marker.
- Use hot glue to attach the magnet to the back of the apple.
This project was created by Amanda Formaro, originally for Kaboose/Spoonful.