Way To Go Grad Card
Help your favorite grad celebrate his/her achievement by making this homemade card for graduation. It will be treasured long after the cap and gown have been hung up in the closet.
What You Need
- 1 sheet red construction paper
- 24” yellow yarn or embroidery floss
- Yellow button
- ½ sheet black felt
- Gold paint pen
- Red fine point marker
- White craft or felt glue
How To Make It
- Fold construction paper in half, and then fold it in half again the opposite direction to make a small card.
- Cut off 2 inches from the floss or yarn and set aside.
- Fold remaining floss or yarn in half so that both ends meet. Fold in half again and again until the length is only 2 inches. Use the 2-inch piece of floss to tie a knot around the top ½ inch of floss to create the tassel. Use scissors to cut the looped ends.
- Cut the hat pieces from the black felt and glue together. Glue the tassel to the hat and glue the button to the tassel.
- Glue the hat onto the top section of the card. Use a gold paint pen to write “WAY TO GO GRAD!” underneath the hat. Outline the gold letters with a fine point red marker.
- Use construction paper, yarn and a button that match the graduation colors.
- Black construction paper can be used in place of felt for the hat.
This project was created by Amanda Formaro, originally for Kaboose/Spoonful.