Future Voter Button
Voting is important and many young citizens don’t take advantage of the opportunity. Do your part to educate your child. This cute button is perfect for little ones to wear when they tag along on Election Day and will help them look forward to when they’re old enough to vote.
What you’ll need
- Frozen juice can lid
- White acrylic paint
- Felt: red, white and blue
- Glitter star stickers
- Pin back
- White craft glue
- Black marker
How to make it
- Paint the juice can lid with white acrylic paint and set aside to dry. It may take two coats to get complete coverage.
- Cut a scalloped (wavy) circle from red felt that is slightly larger than the juice lid.
- Cut ribbon pieces (the larger piece from blue felt and the smaller piece from white felt). Glue the white piece onto the blue felt.
- Glue the juice lid to the red scalloped felt. Glue the blue and white felt to the back of the red felt.
- Use a black marker to write “future voter!” on the juice lid.
- Decorate with star stickers.
- Glue a pin back to the back of the red felt and let dry.
This project was created by Amanda Formaro, originally for Kaboose/Spoonful.