Celebrate a beloved sport with some kid-friendly basketball crafts and recipes. Here at Fun Family Crafts, we’ve gathered lots of fun ideas for National Basketball Day (11/6), a themed birthday party, a team banquet, a March Madness get-together, or just for everyday crafting. Below are ten of our favorite ideas.
1. Textured Basketball Craft – Look carefully at the texture on this neat basketball craft. Can you guess how it’s made?
2. Basketball Handprint Craft for Dad – Create a special memento that Dad will treasure for years to come. He’ll love looking back on those precious handprints and footprints.
3. Bouncing Basketball Art – Make book covers, gift wrap, placemats, and more with this simple stamped basketball project. It’s so easy to do.
4. Nutter Butter Basketball Cookies – Turn store-bought Nutter Butters into basketball-themed masterpieces!
5. Basketball Handprint Painting – Have fun with perspective with this neat basketball handprint painting. These would make great decorations or placemats for a basketball team celebration or coach gift.
6. Mini Basketball Cheeseburgers – Cheese becomes a basketball on these delicious mini burgers. Basketball fans will love these savory snacks.
7. Coffee Filter Basketball – It only takes a few minutes to turn coffee filters into basketballs with this fun and easy craft. It’s perfect for preschoolers.
8. Basketball Whoopie Pies – Basketball works up an appetite! Basketball fans of all ages will appreciate this sweet treat.
9. Basketball Buns – Frozen dinner rolls become basketball buns in a jiffy. Fill them with your favorite sandwich fillings.
10. Sports Ball Cookies – This tutorial offers up a really quick and easy way to make store-bought cookies look like basketballs. There are instructions for tennis, volleyball, soccer, and baseball too!
Be sure to check out the rest of the basketball crafts and recipes for kids!