Set up your own election by creating this fun ballot box. Let everyone vote on the topic at hand then do things the democratic way!
What you’ll need
- Child’s shoe box
- 3 sheets of white construction paper
- ½ sheet red construction paper
- 1 sheet blue construction paper
- Glue stick
- Black marker
How to make it
- Cover the shoe box with white construction paper using glue stick.
- Have a grown up use scissors to cut a slot in the top of the box.
- Cut a rectangle from red construction paper large enough to completely cover the hole and cut out an opening in the center. Glue over the opening to cover any jagged edges.
- Use a pencil to draw nine stars on a piece of blue construction paper. Cut the stars out and glue them (pencil markings facing down) to the top of the ballot box.
- Use a black marker to write the words “BALLOT BOX” on the front of the box.
- Use small pieces of folded paper to write down your votes and place in the box until your election is over!
This project was created by Amanda Formaro, originally for Kaboose/Spoonful.