At Fun Family Crafts we feature tutorials only. We do not provide the actual tutorial on our site, instead we link over to the source. We are a resource for families looking for age appropriate crafts to do with their children.
To submit a project, you must be logged in. You can click here to register or click the red “Login | Register” button all the way at the top of the page to log in.
We only accept craft projects that fit within the following criteria:
- Tutorials only. This site was created to help people find patterns and tutorials so they can make fun stuff with their families. There must be an explanation of supplies needed and instructions for making the project.
- Age appropriate. The craft project you are submitting must be for kids. Those kids can be anywhere from age 1-18. Our categories range from toddler to teenager.
- Photo size etc. Please do not submit photos larger than 1000 pixels wide. Our program will automatically resize your photo to 250 pixels wide, therefore some clipping may occur depending on the dimensions of the picture you submit. For optimal results, you can resize your photo first before submitting. Also, please do not submit photos with special affects, colored borders, drop shadows, descriptive text, etc. Watermarks, as long as they are non-intrusive and do not cover your project, are acceptable.
- Ownership. By submitting a link/project to Fun Family Crafts you agree that you have the right to do so. Links submitted that go to “round up” type posts will not be approved. Link only to a tutorial post. If the link is not yours you may still submit it, but if the owner of the photo requests that it be removed we will honor their wishes.
To submit use the form in the right sidebar. You must be logged in to do so (if you don’t see the form, log in at the top of the page or click here to register). This will help us and you keep track of all the projects that you submit. Here is an explanation of the fields in the form:
- Image - Your image should be between 250 and 1000 pixels wide. It will be automatically resized to 250.
- URL – This is the permalink to the actual tutorial, not the homepage. Please copy/paste it from the browser address bar to eliminate the possibility of spelling errors.
- Title – This is the name of the craft. For example, Cardboard Tube Dog, Rainbow Dreamcatcher, etc
- Category – Please choose the most appropriate for your project. We realize there could be many more your project fits into. We will do our best to categorize your project effectively and across multiple categories when appropriate.
- Craft Description – Please include 1-3 sentences describing your project. Be descriptive so that visitors WANT to visit you!
- Tags – The more effectively your post is tagged, the quicker the submission/acceptance process is. Separate tags by commas. Hint: tagging your post with supplies is very helpful and encouraged (i.e. construction paper, buttons, felt, pipe cleaners, etc)