World’s Best Dad Trophy
Make Dad a shiny gold trophy for Father’s Day using foam cups. This trophy will show him that he’s #1 in your heart!
- 2 foam or paper coffee cups
- 5 inch square box
- Masking tape
- Gold pipe cleaner
- Gold craft paint
- Black construction paper, cut to fit on side of box
- White paint pen
- White craft glue
- Turn cups upside down and trim bottom lips to make them flush.
- Glue the bottoms of the two cups together.
- Tape the square box shut by covering the entire box with masking tape.
- When glue on the cups have dried, wrap a piece of masking tape around the middle where the two cups meet.
- Cut the pipe cleaner in half and insert into each side of one of the cups as trophy handles.
- Cover cups completely with masking tape.
- Paint masking tape on both the trophy and the box gold. Let dry.
- Write “Awarded World’s Best Dad” on the black construction paper with white paint pen. Glue to the front of the box.
- Pipe white glue onto the bottom of the cup that does not have the pipe cleaner handles. Press onto the top of the box and let glue dry completely.
- Fill with dad’s favorite candy or treat!
This project was created by Amanda Formaro, originally for Kaboose/Spoonful.