This project is a twist on the traditional snow globe. It features fabric flowers, plastic figures, and a little bit of glitter in a recycled jar. This fun no-snow globe is perfect for springtime, and a cute alternate to the winter version.
What you’ll need:
- Jar with lid
- Fabric flowers
- Small plastic bee, butterfly, etc.
- Hot glue gun
- Floral wire
- Glitter and confetti
- Teflon tape (also called plumbers tape)
- Green tissue paper
How to make it:
- Turn the lid upside down. Arrange the flowers and figures on it without gluing anything down. Check that everything fits by placing the jar over the items.
- With the hot glue gun, adhere flowers and figure to the lid. To attach the insect in our project, we first hot-glued it to one end of a piece of floral wire, then hot-glued the wire’s other end to the lid.
- Fill the jar with water, leaving of empty space. Add the glitter and confetti.
- Dry the rim of the jar. Wrap one layer of Teflon tape around the threads to ensure a leak-proof seal. Immerse the decorations in the jar and tighten the lid.
- Cut and fringe the green tissue paper. Glue it around the base of the lid.
This project originally appeared on Kaboose/Spoonful and was designed by Amanda Formaro.