Ski Jump 3-D Art
Capture the thrill of one of the most exciting Olympic events! This 3-D ski jump art project uses several different textures to create a fun scene. This post contains affiliate links.
What You Need:
- Construction paper – light blue, green, orange, white
- White crayon
- White tissue paper
- Cotton balls
- Craft glue
How to Make It:
- Put the light blue construction paper horizontally on the table. Use the white crayon to draw a snowy background, leaving the sky area blue.
- Cut out trees from green construction paper. Add snow with the white crayon and glue them in place.
- Cut a 1/2″ thick strip of light blue construction paper and glue it on its side to form the ski jump. Fill in the space beneath this strip with wadded-up balls of tissue paper.
- Arrange two toothpicks near the end of the ski jump to form the skis. They should be at a 45° angle, as if the skier just jumped. Glue them in place.
- Use the white construction paper to cut a circle for the skier’s head. Add an orange semi-circle on top to make the hat and make a dot for the eye. Cut two narrow rectangles of orange for the skier’s body and scarf. Glue them above the toothpick skis, as shown in the picture.
- Glue cotton balls in the sky for clouds.
This project was created by Amanda Formaro, originally for Kaboose/Spoonful.