This snazzy, personalized backpack is so easy to create. It’s a great way to give last year’s backpack a new look!
What You Need
- Glittery chenille stems in different colors
- Instant grab glue
- Sewing needle and thread (optional, parent step)
How To Make It
- Create the letters of your name using chenille stems. Bend and twist, then trim where needed.
- Position the letters on the backpack to get a visual. Once you have them where you want them, secure them to the backpack with instant grab glue.
- With remaining chenille, wrap pieces around a pen or pencil, then untwist to make swirled shapes. Glue to the backpack.
- As a final step, parents can add a few stitches around the ends of each letter to secure them more tightly.
This project was created by Amanda Formaro, originally for Kaboose/Spoonful.