Peekaboo Apple Paper Plate
Kids will love this colorful back-to-school craft. Make a bright red apple with a friendly worm that pokes through to say hello!
What you need:
- Paper plate
- Craft paint – red and white
- Thick brown pipe cleaner
- Construction paper – green and yellow
- Blue mini pom-pom
- Black Sharpie
How to make it:
- Cut a small rounded section from one side of the paper plate to shape it like an apple. Carefully cut a 2″ slit where the worm will stick out.
- Paint the apple red.
- Cut out a worm from green construction paper.
- Use the back of a paintbrush to paint two white circles for eyes. Let the paint dry completely.
- Glue a pom-pom nose onto the worm.
- Use the Sharpie to draw a mouth and the pupils on the eyes.
- Cut a bowtie from yellow construction paper and glue it below the worm’s mouth.
- Slide the worm through the hole in the apple. Add glue behind the worm so that it stays in place.
- Glue the pipe cleaner behind the apple to make a stem.
This project was created by Amanda Formaro, originally for Kaboose/Spoonful.