Paper Plate Mother’s Day Card
Make a sweet card for Mom out of a simple paper plate and construction paper. She will love it!
What you need:
- Paper plate
- Construction paper: pink, yellow, purple, green, light blue
- Black marker
- Pen or pencil
- Glue stick
How to make it:
- Fold paper plate in half. Fold a sheet of light blue construction paper in half and place folded paper plate on to the paper. Trace around the plate and set aside.
- Cut a flower from yellow, pink, and purple construction paper. Cut 3 strips of green paper, ½” x 4”.
- Glue stems and flowers to the folded paper plate. Trim stems.
- Use black marker to write “m o m” on the flowers (one letter on each flower).
- Take the folded blue paper and draw a curvy line along the curved edge. Cut out the curvy piece, cutting through the folded paper, creating two identical pieces. Run a glue stick along the curved edge of the front of the card, and press one of the blue curvy pieces onto it.
- Open the card and run the glue stick along the curved edge of the inside of the card and press the other blue curvy piece on. Let everything dry.
- Write a message on the inside of the card for Mom.
This project was created by Amanda Formaro, originally for Kaboose/Spoonful.