Ox Pin or Magnet
There are 12 animals in the Chinese zodiac and one is the ox. Make this cute ox pin to wear, or put a magnet on it and hang it on the fridge.
What you’ll need:
- 1.5” wooden heart
- Tan felt
- Brown acrylic paint
- Paint brush
- Black marker
- White craft glue
- Pin back or magnet
How to make it:
- Paint wooden heart with brown paint and set aside to dry.
- Cut snout and horns from tan felt using pattern.
- Glue horns at the top of the heart and snout to the pointed end of the heart.
- Use black marker to draw on eyes and nostrils.
- Glue pin back or magnet to the back of the heart.
- Pin backs are available at your local craft supply store.
- If you don’t have any magnets, grab an old business card magnet you don’t need any more and cut into pieces.
- Play a game with children by having them name the 12 animals of the Chinese zodiac: Rat, Ox, Tiger, Rabbit, Dragon, Snake, Horse, Sheep, Monkey, Rooster, Dog and Pig.
This project was created by Amanda Formaro, originally for Kaboose/Spoonful.