Turn recycled cardboard egg cartons into colorful fancy birds! This simple craft is a fun project to do during spring.
What you will need:
- Egg carton (paper-based works best with paint)
- Acrylic paint
- Tacky glue
- Colored feathers
- Small, black seed beads
- Eggs (hardboiled, blown, wooden, or plastic)
How to make it:
- For each egg holder, cut a cup from the egg carton.
- Paint the cup inside and out.
- Let it dry, then fold over a portion of the egg carton to make the beak. Paint the beak.
- Glue on the tail feathers and bead eyes and put the painted egg in the cup.
Originally posted online in FamilyFun Magazine which has since been closed.