Do you kids love playing with a creating things from homemade play dough and making clay crafts? We have collected over 200 projects and dough recipes to keep your kids creating, exploring and investigating! From making your own play dough, salt dough, cloud dough and others, to creating animals, flowers, beads and more – there are plenty of craft projects here for you to enjoy. Be sure to browse the other categories while you are here as well! Below are ten of our favorites, but you can find all 200+ dough & clay crafts and recipes here.
Dough and Clay Crafts
- Clay Wooden Bead Necklaces – These pretty beads are made from oven baked polymer clay and are easy enough for kids to make themselves. However, the grown up will probably want to join in the fun!
- Little Clay Bunnies – There are step by step photos for making these adorable bunnies from Fimo clay, make a whole warren of them!
- Everlasting Sand Castle – This homemade dough uses things you probably already have in your kitchen cabinets. Mix it with sand to make this awesome sand castle!
- Seashell Pencil Holder – Air dry clay sets the base for lots of projects, including this fun and colorful way to use the shells you find at the beach.
- Salt Dough Flowers – Salt dough is so easy to make and a great beginner dough for kids. All you will need is salt, flour and water!
- Chestnut Snails – Modeling clay is loads of fun, and making adorable little snails is a great way to use any sort of nut!
- Magic Clay Fish – Again air dry clay is perfect for so many colorful projects. Using Styrofoam is perfect for a fish body.
- Paper Plate Earth – This sensory earth was made with a mixture of flour, water and food coloring. We know you have all of that at home, so what are you waiting for?!
- Galaxy Playdough – Plain old household ingredients and a sprinkle of glitter make this out of this world play dough.
- Pinecone Hedgehog – Teaching kids to form this from polymer clay is loads of fun, and these hedgehogs are positively adorable!
Click here to see all 200+ craft ideas. You will find homemade recipes for all sorts of doughs, slime, flubber and more. Learn how to create shapes using cookie cutters, ornaments for Christmas, decorate items or just play and have fun!