October is National Clock Month. Celebrate by making one (or more!) of these fabulous clock activities & crafts. We have put together a collection of clock activities for teaching time, some tasty edible clocks, countdown clocks, and even a sundial! You can see all the clock activities here.
elow are 10 of our favorite clock activities and crafts. Be sure to check out all the clock crafts here.
Clock Activities & Crafts for Kids
1. Car Clock – The cars on this clay clock are detachable so your child can switch them out to play. What a fun way to introduce your child to telling time!
2. Teacher’s Gift Clock – Show a special teacher how much you care with this school-themed clock. At less than $10, it’s an affordable, personalized gift a teacher would love.
3. Wrapping Paper Clock – Turn an ordinary clock into something special by decoupaging your favorite wrapping paper onto the clock face! It’s easy to do and is a fun project for teens who would like a fresh look for their bedrooms.
4. Clock Teaching Tool – This homemade clock is a great teaching tool for kids who are ready to learn to tell time. Keep the clock simple for young children, then add 5-minute increments and fractions when they are ready for more.
5. Won Ton Clocks – Count down to the new year or another special occasion with these won ton clock appetizers. What a fun treat when you’re focused on time!
6. Time Teller Cheat and Peek Clock -Use two paper plates to make a clock that helps kids practice telling time. Clock activities are an easy way to make learning fun.
7. Paper Plate Sundial – Combine science, math and history by making a paper plate sundial. It’s a great way to get kids excited about telling time!
8. Thought Cloud Clock – This whimsical thought cloud clock is so much fun! It’s great for a bedroom, play room, classroom or anywhere else.
9. Cords Wall Clock – Make a beautiful wall clock by rolling and shaping nylon cords! This technique is very simple and inexpensive.
10. Countdown Goodie Bags – Count down to the new year or help the time pass more quickly on a long trip with these fun countdown goodie bags. Just fill them with dollar store goodies and prepare one for each hour.
See all the clock activities and crafts here!