Bread Dough Clay Ornaments
What You Need
- 5 slices of white bread, crusts removed
- 1 tablespoon white craft glue
- Cooking spray
- Rolling pin
- Cookie cutters
- Cooling rack
- Glitter glue and paint
How To Make It
1. Wad each piece of bread in your hand then place into a mini food processor or blender. Process the bread until it turns into crumbs. Pour the crumbs into a bowl.
2. Spray the tablespoon with cooking spray so that the glue will slide out easily. Fill the tablespoon with glue then pour it into the bread crumbs.
3. Mix the glue and bread crumbs together with your fingers until completely incorporated. Keep working it with your hands and fingers until it feels consistent.
4. Roll out the dough with a rolling pin and cut out ornaments with cookie cutters.
5. Use a toothpick to create a hole near the top of each shape and place the ornaments on a cooling rack to dry. Leave the toothpicks in the holes so that they do not close up and allow to dry overnight.
6. Now you can decorate your ornaments however you like. You can paint them with paint and/or glitter glue, or even decorate them with markers. You can also leave your ornaments plain.
7. Run a piece of string through the hole and tie to create the hanger.
- You can skip the need for the food processor or blender by tearing the bread into pieces and mixing with the glue. The process is much longer, but will achieve the same result.
- If you have a pasta maker, run your dough through it instead of using the rolling pin!
- If you are not concerned about the end color results, you do not need to remove the crusts from the bread
This project was created by Amanda Formaro, originally for Kaboose/Spoonful.