There are plenty of fun and colorful bird crafts for kids to make, but there’s also a learning opportunity here. Birds are an essential part in the ecosystem. Below you’ll find a collection of some of our favorite bird crafts for kids, but you can see all 350+ bird crafts here!
Bird Crafts for Kids
- Rainbow Bird Wing Costume – This beautiful felt bird wing costume doesn’t require sewing. It’s fun for pretend play, costume parties and more.
- Colorful CD Birds – Turn old CDs or DVDs into colorful birds! This craft is fun for any time of year and allows plenty of room for creativity.
- Paper Plate Swan – Transform an ordinary paper plate into an elegant swan. This is a great companion craft to follow reading The Ugly Duckling.
- Spring Chick Plushie -These little birds are a sewing project for beginners. Any fabric scraps you have on hand will do.
- Cork Owls – It only takes a few minutes to turn a cork and some scraps into an adorable owl. Make more than one and glue them to a sturdy stick for display.
- Handprint Pigeons – Fans of Mo Willems’ pigeon books will love this cute handprint craft. It combines stamping, cutting, gluing and drawing.
- Paper Plate Toucan – This adorable toucan is both a paper plate craft and a handprint craft. If you look carefully, you can see that the tail feathers are made from a handprint!
- Silly Bird Marionette – Make a simple bird marionette that is fun for kids to use. It’s just the right size for little hands.
- Paper Plate Birds – These cute paper plate birds can be made with a paper plate or lightweight chipboard. Not only do the finished birds stand up on their own, but they will also rock back and forth.
- Decoupage Light Bulb Bird -Brightly colored tissue paper and recycled light bulbs become fluttering birds! Hang them in the trees to add fun and whimsy to the yard.
See all the bird crafts here
You can find all sorts of information, facts, articles and quizzes about birds on the National Bird Day website. There are lots of fun activities and learning opportunities for kids!