Patriotic Pony Bead Necklace
Combine the fun of stringing beads and molding salt dough to make these patriotic necklaces. They’re fun to wear for Memorial Day, July 4th or any time you need a pop of red, white and blue color!
What You Need
- salt dough
- star-shaped cookie cutter
- white paint
- pony beads (red, white, and blue)
How to Make It
- To make salt dough, combine 2 parts flour with 1 part salt. Slowly add up to 1 part water until the dough comes together but is not sticky.
- Knead the dough on a floured board for 5 minutes, then let it rest for 15 minutes.
- Roll out the dough to approximately 1/2″ thick. Use the cookie cutter to make a star, then poke a hole near the top with the yarn. Let the star air dry for at least 2 days, or in a warm oven (250°F) for approximately 2 hours.
- When the star is cool and completely dry, paint it. Let it dry.
- Measure the yarn to the length you want it, allowing an extra inch for tying. Thread the star onto the yarn, then add pony beads.
- Tie the yarn securely with a double knot, then thread the ends back through the pony beads so they don’t show.
If you prefer, use a pre-purchased charm for this necklace.