Salt Dough Ice Skates
These pretty little salt dough ice skates are so easy to make, and the dough comes together from items in your pantry.
What You Need:
- Salt dough (flour, salt, water)
- Rolling pin
- Plastic knife
- Silver pipe cleaner
- 2 pieces of ribbon
- Black pen
- Mini pom poms
- Craft glue
How to Make It:
- Make salt dough using 2 parts flour, 1 cup salt and 1 cup water.
- Roll out the dough on a non-stick surface. Use the plastic knife to cut out each ice skate from the dough.
- Use the scissors to cut the pipe cleaner into lengths just longer than the base of the skates. Bend the ends up and insert into the dough to make the skates’ blades.
- Use the toothpick to poke a hole in the top of each skate. Let the skates dry completely.
- Using the pen, draw the laces onto each skate.
- Tie a ribbon to each skate using a lark’s head knot. Use a simple knot to tie the two ribbons together at the top.
- Glue the pom poms onto the toe and around the top of the skate. Let dry before hanging.
This project was created by Amanda Formaro, originally for Kaboose/Spoonful.