Decorate for Cinco de Mayo with this adorable mini sombrero. It’s a quick and easy craft that’s simple enough for young crafters to do.
- Styrofoam or paper cup
- Mini paper plate
- 1″ wide strip of brown felt
- 1/4″ wide strip of red felt
- 1/4″ wide strip of orange felt
- Acrylic paint in red and sunflower (tan/yellow)
- Medium pom-poms in red, green, yellow, orange, white and brown
- Paint brush
- Hot glue gun
- Paint paper plate and Styrofoam cup with sunflower paint. Let dry and repeat.
- Paint the outer edge of the plate rim red. Let dry completely.
- Hot glue the Styrofoam cup to the center of the paper plate to form your hat.
- Glue the red and orange felt strips onto the larger brown strip and let it dry. When dry, glue the completed hat band around the cup.
- Glue the pom-poms to the red edge of the paper plate, alternating colors as you go (green, white, red, yellow, brown, orange, green, white, etc.).