Easy Coffee Filter Angel
This pretty little coffee filter angel is perfect as is, but you can dress her up with glitter to give her an extra special glow. This easy project uses very few supplies.
What you’ll need
- 3 basket style coffee filters
- 2 cotton balls
- 6-8″ length of silver or gold ribbon
- 1 white chenille stem
- 1 gold chenille stem
- Hot glue gun
How to make it
1. Place two cotton balls in the center of one of the coffee filters. Hold the coffee filter with your fingers, gathering the cotton balls in the center to create the angel’s head. Place a second coffee filter onto the open end, tucking the filter in a bit into the head area. This will produce the layered effect on the dress.
2. While still holding the filter together, tie a piece of gold or silver ribbon around the “neck” and tie a tight bow. Trim ends and set aside.
3. Take the third coffee filter and fold it in half, then fold it length-wise accordion style. Wrap a white chenille stem around the center, and then fan out the wings. Fold the excess chenille into a loop for your hanger and twist together at the end.
4. Make a halo from the gold chenille by wrapping it around something circular, such as the top of a paint bottle. Twist the ends to form the halo. Trim the long end of the chenille, leaving approximately 3″.
5. Hot glue the halo to the back of the angel so that it is positioned above the head. Glue the wings in place behind the angel, hiding the gold chenille from the halo.
- To embellish your angel, try using gold glitter glue (or glue and glitter) as decoration. We do not recommend using markers for facial features as the ink may bleed through the filter. If you really want to add facial features, try using a toothpick and acrylic paint.
This project was created by Amanda Formaro, originally for Kaboose/Spoonful.