Recycle some cardboard tubes from toilet paper rolls or paper towels to make these faux firecrackers just in time for Chinese New Year!
Cardboard Tube Red Firecrackers
A common decoration during Chinese New Year is a string of red firecrackers. Some believe that throwing firecrackers scares away evil spirits. Make a string of your own to display!
What you’ll need:
- 4 or more cardboard tubes
- Red construction paper, ½ sheet per tube
- Gold glitter glue
- White yarn
How to make it:
- Roll cardboard tube in red construction paper, use tape to secure.
- Fold ends of construction paper inside the tube on both ends.
- Decorate tube with gold glitter glue with different shapes and designs. Allow to dry for several hours.
- Tape yarn inside one end of each tube.
- String together, one higher than the other if you have four of them. If you have more, you can hang them in pairs, two at the top, two below that, two below that, and so on.
- Hang up as decorations!