Cardboard Tube Crow
As fall approaches we always seem to think about scarecrows–but what about the crows themselves? This cute little fellow is easy to make and cute to boot!
What you’ll need
- Cardboard tube
- Cardboard egg cup
- 2-3 cotton balls
- 5″ square piece of tan felt
- 4″ x ½” strip of brown felt
- Small scrap of gold felt
- 2 medium wiggle eyes
- 3 orange buttons
- 1 miniature gold foam flower
- 1 miniature brown pompom
- Black acrylic craft paint
- White craft glue
- Hot glue gun
How to make it
- Paint cardboard tube with black paint and set aside to dry.
- While the tube is drying, put a little hot glue to the bottom of the egg cup and place egg cup in the center of the tan felt square, open end up. Use hot glue around entire outer area of the egg cup and gather the tan felt around it. Hold in place for a moment to allow hot glue to cool.
- Turn over to create the hat. Wrap brown felt strip around the tan felt at the edge of the egg cup opening and glue in place. Use scissors to shape the brim of the hat.
- Glue the foam flower to the hat band and stick a miniature brown pom pom to the center of the foam flower.
- Cut a triangular beak from the gold felt.
- Use hot glue to attach the hat to the top of the black cardboard tube. Glue on wiggle eyes, beak and buttons.
This project was created by Amanda Formaro, originally for Kaboose/Spoonful.