Dress up your candy canes as cute little snowmen. This is easy to do and requires minimal supplies, making it a great classroom project.
Candy Cane Snowmen
What you’ll need:
- Wrapped candy cane
- Felt glue or hot glue gun
- Black marker
- 6″ ribbon or yarn
- You can add a brim to the hat by rolling the felt up.
How to make it:
- Cut a piece of felt about 2″ wide and 5″ long. Using the long stem of the wrapped candy cane as a guide, glue a sleeve of felt around the candy cane. You want to create a felt tube that the candy cane with slide through.
- Slide the felt tube up the length of the candy cane and onto the curve, leaving most of the straight part exposed.
- Feel the felt and find where the curve in the candy cane ends. Tie a piece of ribbon or yarn around the felt just after the end of the candy cane’s curve.
- Fringe the end of the felt below the ribbon by making long slits with your scissors. Trim the excess for the hat’s pom-pom.